Monday, August 5, 2013

Presentation on Health Care

I had a math background. Decades ago I worked writing programs to analyze insurance claims and calculate premiums. While engaged in this activity, I realized that insurance underserves large segments of the community.

I spent several years investigating alternatives to insurance, but did not find much interest.

I took to calling the model I developed "The Medical Savings and Loan."

During the campaign against HillaryCare, I contacted numerous free market groups. They were eager to use my insights about insurance to help defeat HillaryCare, but I found no-one interested in true free market health care reform.


In 2008, when I realized that President Obama was likely to repeat the drive for socialized medicine,

The weakest part of PPACA (ObamaCare) is the assumption that insurance is the only way to fund health care.

I happen to have developed an alternative business model for funding health care.

My goal for the last five years has been to find a free market oriented group interested in developing this plan.

I discovered something very disturbing during this period. The first is that, while Republicans love when people agitate for free market solutions, but they dismiss anyone who talks about real solutions.

The other troubling thing I discovered is that I would spend weeks trying to develop a contact to hold a meeting. Meetings would routinely be cancelled the moment that commissars that control the GOP realize that I am seriously talking about alternatives to insurance.

Anyway, in five years, I've been unable to find anyone in either the Republican or Libertarian Party willing to listen to my mathematical models.

Most people in the establishment are completely aligned with health care money. Attending a meeting about alternatives to insurance would involve an unusual amount of bravery.

My basic belief is that if the freedom movement created a mathematically viable alternative to insurance, the movement could use that model to attack the assumption that insurance is the only way to fund health care.

I am unable to force people into a room to talk about the mathematics of health care. For that matter, the reason I left the insurance industry is because the industry forces people to take actions that are against their best interest. I do not believe in forcing people to do anything.

I live in Salt Lake City. If anyone is interested in defeating ObamaCare. I have a plan. I have a very good, well thought through plan. I have a solid mathematical model that shows group funding of health care does disservices to workers and small business.

But, since I have yet to find anyone brave enough to sit in a room to talk about the mathematics of funding health care ... I can do nothing.

BTW, I live in Salt Lake City.

No comments:

Post a Comment