Thursday, March 15, 2012

Is the MS&L a Wingnut Proposal?

Insurance works as follows: People place their healthcare resources into a pool.

This leads immediately to political battles over who controls the pool.

Conversely, if you broke down insurance pools into individual accounts and let people keep their own health care dollars, you would remove the fuel for the political battles.

I worked analyzing insurance claims. The data indicated that the majority of people would be better off if they self funded their care. To do this, people need just a little bit of guidance, so I created the Health Care Advocate to replace the Insurance Agent.

A structured savings program that identified the people who can self-fund their care also identifies those people who cannot. So, I would create a system of foundations that help provide supplements.

This reduces the public policy debate to only the amount of care that exceeds people's ability to pay.

Anyway,  for promoting self-funded health care, I was just labeled a "right-wing wingnut" by some left wing loon.

I take all input seriously and wonder if this really is just some wingnut proposal.

I think the opposite is true. Creating a system of self-funded health care would drain the centralized insurance pools that the political class fights over while providing individual care.

Because it removes the source of funding for political battles, I find that the political class on both the left and right does not want to bury this particular debate.

Both conservative and progressive politicians are opposed to self-funded care. Because of this, I am having a bear of a time getting this discussion off the ground.

 The only way to get the discussion off the ground is to find independent groups who are outside the political game but who want to preserve the American experiment in self-rule.

I want to give my presentation on self-funded health care. Conservative politicians here in Utah slam the door in my face the second they realize I am talking about draining the insurance pools that feed their political machine.

I am hoping to find groups in Arizona, Colorado or Southern California interested in discussing alternative forms of funding health care.

Here is my contact form. What I am hoping for is someone saying: I would love to host a discussion on free market health care reform in such and such place. If I could get a couple meetings set up, then traveling would be worthwhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment