Thursday, March 1, 2012

ObamaCare is a Health Exchange


Conservative media seems to be hiding the fact that PPACA (ObamaCare) is a health exchange. The exchanges in ObamaCare are implemented at the state level and regulated at both the state and federal level.

The fact that Mitt Romney, a supporter of the health exchange concept, is the leading contender for the Republican nomination leads me to fear that the GOP is engaged in a cynical plan to discredit ObamaCare simply to take control of the exchanges.


This is what happened here in Utah. The Republican leadership attacked ObamaCare then implemented the health exchanges (ObamaCare) without any debate. It was the most cynical thing I had ever seen.

I believe that the right direction for health care reform is to restore the concept of "self-funded health care."

I have a wonderful presentation that I've titled "The Medical Savings and Loan." In this program I create a mathematically viable alternative to group insurance. I then argue that our health care woes are the result of group funding of individual consumption. I show that returning to self-funded care restores the pricing mechanism in health care, solves the problem of portability and provides a basis for handing bigger issues like pre-existing conditions.

For the last three years, I've been trying to find a venue to give the presentation.

I've exhausted myself chasing down leads in Reno, Phoenix, Denver and Las Vegas.

I would be happy to travel to any group within a reasonable distance of Utah to give the presentation.

I have a fundraising program to go along with the presentation and will provide a great deal of free publicity to any group willing to put on the presentation.

Unfortunately, I don't have the resources to travel to a city and organize a meeting. Here is my contact page.

No comments:

Post a Comment