Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving & a Last Ditch Effort

I decided to make one last ditch effort at hosting a meeting on free market health care reform.

To get the engine rolling, I had to file some legal documents earlier this week. I will give details on this effort next week when I get the paperwork back from the State.

Personally, I think it absurd that in this last four years of debate about health care that not a single Conservative has been willing to invest an evening to discuss free market health care reform.

Albeit. I live in Utah. Utah sports a different brand of Conservatism than the rest of the nation.

The plan still involves a trip to either Arizona, Colorado, Nevada or possibly Southern California. Since it is winter, I am inclined to go to Arizona since I could sleep outside and avoid the hotel cost.

I figure the cost of travel plus renting a meeting space in Arizona would cost from $500 to $750. Travel to Colorado or Southern California would cost $1000 to $1500.

Driving to Texas would probably cost $1500 to $2000. Driving to Florida would cost upwards to $3000.

I spent my every last penny in 2010. I am dead broke.

But today is Thanksgiving.

Which means that tomorrow is Black Friday.

The commissions on any sales from my e-commerce site A Fountain of Bargains will go to paying for this last ditch effort to promote free market health care reform.

Happy Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment